A Few Fun Things We Do in Fourth Grade
- Ask your child about our novels Mr. Popper's Penguins, The Chocolate Touch, and Sarah, Plain and Tall.
- Our fourth graders really enjoy our tropical forest unit. Please save paper towel and toilet paper rolls for some fun activities we do.
- Ben Franklin and Abe Lincoln make an appearance. They teach our students about the character's life and the time period in which they lived.
- Boot Camp for our state tests will begin a few weeks before PARCC testing. We have lots of fun getting the students motivated to put forth their best effort on their state tests.
- Students will use technology to create glogsters, movies, prezis, and graphic novels to enhance our curriculum.
- We will be using online sites such as IXL, Spelling City, Math Mayhem, abcya, and Fun Brain to improve reading, math, and reasoning skills.
- We are also going to be using the online program Ticket to Read again this year! Students can use any computer with internet access to work independently on reading skills such as phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. We think this will be an awesome way to enhance our reading curriculum! Click on the link to find out more about the program.